Volunteer Gardner 1-2times a week
Position Title: Volunteer Gardner
Department: Buildings and Grounds Department Contact: Manager of Facilities
Duration: ongoing April - October
The EcoTarium is a family-friendly, indoor-outdoor museum located in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer three floors of interactive exhibits, exciting shows in the digital planetarium, daily Science Discovery programs, live animal habitats, hikes through forest and meadow nature trails, outdoor imaginative play, and a train ride around the grounds (seasonal).
The EcoTarium has 40 acres of grounds and additional conservation land across the street. Volunteer gardeners will assist EcoTarium staff in weeding beds, pruning, invasive removal, planting, watering, and spring and fall clean-up. This is an active outdoor position and requires a lot of walking to and from jobs around the property.
- Weed beds
- Remove invasives in beds and on natural forest trails
- Pick-up litter around the property and on conservation land
- Help with spring and fall clean-up
- Water new plantings
- Edge beds
- Must be able to work outside and walk between jobs on the EcoTarium’s 40 acres of grounds.
- Must be able to squat or kneel with padding to do bed work
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Individuals should be comfortable working in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to take direction and work independently and in teams
- Must pass a CORI background check in accordance with EcoTarium guidelines
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: